Tuesday, August 30, 2011

Cute Day (August 30th, 2011)

I had the cutest day today! Maybe it's because I discovered toothpaste that doesn't taste like flowers and cloves, not to mention I'm figuring out the trains and feeling comfortable with them! I had another free train ride! haha! This time I came prepared with 1,70 euros in exact change and again the train was there right as I walked up, so I had to hop on. I thought I was golden, so I went to the machine buy my ticket, and the coin slot was covered with a piece of paper that said something. haha. the only thing I recognized was "debit" so I assumed that meant you could only use your debit card, and ironically we went to the bank yesterday but of course don't get out debit cards until they come in the mail later. haha. So whatever, this time I wasn't scared of getting caught. Also saw a guy walk up to it and do the same exact thing (which was try to stick the change in the debit card slot before reading the note.....hehe).

I was planning on going to a museum and the galleria but I wanted more time for the museum, so I just went to the galleria. The Galleria is like Macy's, Trader Joe's, Hy Vee, and Best Buy on CRACK!!! It's all one GIANT store with just about everything you could possibly need. I would guess that each floor is about the size of a super wal mart, only square shaped(ya know how wal-mart's are basically rectangle?).  It took me a couple hours to quickly browse things, and I didn't even cover everything! But I did find some brands I like!!! Toothpaste was one of the important ones, and also mascara. So that was quite exciting for me. I also now know where to go for just about everything.

I also went to Gamestop and this other electronic store that is like best buy and sears on crack (similar to the galleria, but only 3 floors, not as big in space and only with electronics). I'm looking for a nintendo ds lite usb charger because mine won't charge with our converter. Those stores are just so fun to look around in! Things are so different as far as shopping goes! On the 3rd floor they had flat irons and hair dryers, etc too. Also I'm in the market for a coffee grinder, but they are 20 euros min!!! I'm not spending that much on an appliance that I'm getting rid of in a year. and I have no guarantees of even having a french press once we move to Trier. Ok, now that I type it 20 euros doesn't sound that bad, but I bought my grinder at home for 13$ and have been using it since I lived with Heidi. So.....20 seems high to me!

I guess it was an uneventful day, it seemed more productive than it actually was. But I did take a few fun pics. OH PS my rocket dogs are amazing! Love them! Perfect for walking around and still looking dressy!



a wing of the outdoor shopping area off the Dom

a cute weird guy cranking this box and fun music came out. (this little girl loved it, note her awesome red hair)

fresh coconut slabs for 1 euro? YES PLEASE! Heaven on Earth! 

4 comments:

  1. How about a pic of your new shoes??? :) love living through your adventures!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fun shopping day!! I am so glad you got some good shoes, they will make sight-seeing so much more fun.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's awesome!! Love the little ginger girl!
    So did you find a DS corD?
    And do you like french press coffee enough to invest in one when you move to Trier? They're not really that expensive. Then maybe the grinder would be worth it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yeah! Where are the shoe pics??? That's important! Haha. Wow, I really want to go to the galleria! :)

    ReplyDelete